Since the move from the hospital to the new building (end of 2012), the operating theatre and the central sterilization unit (CSU) were dealing with a number of logistics bottlenecks, where time nor expertise were present within the hospital to take on these issues.
hict assisted AZ Damiaan in:
- Making an analysis of the existing manner of working at the operating theatre and the CSU, based on a number of interviews and observations on location.
- Drawing a new manner of working, together with the heads of both departments, a representative of the doctors, representatives of the logistics department and the pharmacy. Both doctors and nurses agreed upon the new manner of working.
The following areas were covered:
- Organisation of the operating theatre;
- Logistics flows of the operating theatre and the CSU;
- Storage of materials and devices;
- Usage of software within the operating theatre and the CSU which supports planning and logistics flows.
Analogous to the above, a couple of quick wins were implemented for the operating theatre.