In the context of thorough quality improvement, the hospital decided to introduce an electronic prescription system, and to automate the hospital pharmacy. The goals were:
- Improved patient security and less medical errors;
- A fully closed medication circuit, within the legal framework.
The implemented solution consisted of:
- Rolling out an electronic prescription system in the entire hospital;
- Installing a warehouse robot (ARX Rowa) and a unit-dose packaging system (Sinteco) in the pharmacy;
- Daily medication delivery per patient, for a period of 24 hours;
- Installing medical emergency cabinets (Vanas) at all critical services and nursing departments;
hict was responsible for project management of this project:
- Writing out the requirements;
- Drafting the specifications;
- Selecting the suppliers;
- Price negotiations en contract management;
- Designing and negotiating the new processes and workflows;
- Following up on the software integration;
- Determining the placement of devices in the new pharmacy;
- Guarding the budget and following up on it;
- Controlling and accepting deliveries;
- Planning and go-life.
You can watch the movie of AZ Damiaan's automationproject in the hospital pharmacy here.